forestforthetrees

I don't run, I walk. I don't eat, I dine. I don't rest, I luxuriate. I don't eat worms ,but I do eat snails.For everything I don't do, I do twice as much.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Nothing is too profound to think about. Most things are too shallow to say. If people did more than what they say, more things would be accomplished- peace

Friday, January 13, 2006

Taxes!...I thought we were in an election...I still have to pay taxes?

ARRRRG!!!
I just received my tax forms in the mail. I guess that means I have to actually organize my receipts. I hope I don’t have to pay money. Lets face it, I am not a millionaire. Oh wait; I wouldn’t HAVE to pay taxes if I was because my money would be in the Cayman Islands or wherever the tax shelters are nowadays.

I sometimes wonder if they can take out that part of my brain to stop being such an upright and straight-laced citizen. Why can’t I just be a crook and not worry about the right thing? Being ‘good’ is way too much work sometimes without much reward. I know! I know! Having a clear conscious is its own reward. Mmm hmmm! Well, tell that to the people with their hand out all the time.

It is Friday the 13th. I am not really superstitious. I couldn’t be!! I have deleted millions of those “ Don’t delete or else” emails and none of those things have happened to me. I figure I have gotten enough ‘bad end of the sticks’ in my life already. What else could possibly go wrong …except death? But as the new young grim reaper on TV says, “All you have time for is to say %&(#*%&#.”

I am not complaining about my life! So, all you fellow bloggers do not have to comment on that. I feel very blessed and content (but still a doer :0) in my life. That doesn’t mean it has been a bed of roses, or rainbows and sunshine all the time. It can be a bit of a dichotomy …no?

Maybe I should have bought a lottery ticket today. I could be hiding money off on the Cayman Islands too! Wouldn’t that be a treat? Just like all the big boys.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Elaine said...

Go on and dream about the lotto and the Cayman's. Dreams don't cost a penny and therefore, I believe we should enjoy them thoroughly!

9:41 PM  
Blogger zouzou said...

I think someone already won the latest $20 million. Why are you paying taxes NOW? Isn't that in April? ;)

I never buy lottery tickets, dunno why not. There's always the story of the faithful ticket purchaser that wins - maybe we should start a pool with Significant Numbers and then buy every week!

I vote you should start breaking one rule a week just to see what it's like. Pick a rule, any rule...

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home