forestforthetrees

I don't run, I walk. I don't eat, I dine. I don't rest, I luxuriate. I don't eat worms ,but I do eat snails.For everything I don't do, I do twice as much.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Nothing is too profound to think about. Most things are too shallow to say. If people did more than what they say, more things would be accomplished- peace

Friday, February 17, 2006

Today was the kind of day I love. I don’t have to go to work (outside the home anyway) and it is frigid outside (not as bad as yesterday but I hate the cold). It is the perfect day to pull on the house sweats, the slippers you never show guests, and the torn sweatshirt that only the cat would love. All this to sit around the house, putter, clean, have a nap, do some work, have another cat nap. Somewhere in the midst of this to look outside basking in the sun, nice , warm and quiet. That is what I call a day. All by myself… (Ok everybody sing :0)
It is a day for not looking at the clock and racing to the next appointment or obligation. It is for doing what you feel like doing not what you have to do.

These days come far to rarely because not only do you need the time to be, but you also need to stop thinking, worrying, fixating, being hurried, staying angry, being frustrated, and any other ‘rat race’ emotion that takes over our lives and forces it sharp teeth into our souls.

It is my day in the sun with a good book, a great cup of coffee, some good food and the cat. Ahhhhhh! regeneration of the mind.
I think I will go fix myself a drink…

4 Comments:

Blogger Turtle Guy said...

A rejuvination day, sweet! Everyone needs those, and it's seemingly more difficult thanks to societal conditioning. We seem to idolize those who work themselves to death. Taking care of one's body, mind and emotions is so very important. Kudos for fixing a drink!

Thanks for dropping by the Armchair. I appreciate your kind words. I'm happy to have made a seemingly good first impression. I'm looking forward to making some new friends, all in good time of course.

8:51 PM  
Blogger alexx said...

hi forestforthetrees, thanks for your comment on my blog.
like minds and like (similar) bodies should connect...
meanwhile, checkout this md site from downunder. It the best I've seen so far.
http://mda.org.au/

7:41 PM  
Blogger alexx said...

hi forestforthetrees, thanks for your comment on my blog.
like minds and like (similar) bodies should connect...
meanwhile, checkout this md site from downunder. It the best I've seen so far.
http://mda.org.au/

7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Say "hi" to the cat for me! ;)

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home