forestforthetrees

I don't run, I walk. I don't eat, I dine. I don't rest, I luxuriate. I don't eat worms ,but I do eat snails.For everything I don't do, I do twice as much.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Nothing is too profound to think about. Most things are too shallow to say. If people did more than what they say, more things would be accomplished- peace

Saturday, October 27, 2007

still kicking....

It’s funny how life has a way of giving you the perspective you run so hard to escape. Inevitably it catches up with you. That is this year.

I just realized that I had better write as the last post read rather bleakly. I didn’t want people to think I had offed myself. Things are getting better, slowly. I am not at work at the moment, which really forces you to look at things. Well, for me it does.

What am I looking at you may ask? A person who has put so much time into work there is not much life left when that isn’t there. Our society describes success as money, house, car, and job. I know not all people, but society as a whole. What can you do to break out of that?
It is the bohemian in me. I want to create, live, love, relax, read...but none of that pays the bills. Create maybe, but that is so subjective.

I will lighten up soon, I hope. I want my sense of humour back. I think it went on vacation.

I want my joy back...I hope that didn’t leave me all together.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry - I didn't for a moment think that you had "offed" yourself! Time heals all things, right?! And that includes ones sense of humor. I can't wait to see you at our next ladies dinner, hopefully at the end of Nov. or in Dec.

Sending lots of warm thoughts your way,

~Diane B.

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home