forestforthetrees

I don't run, I walk. I don't eat, I dine. I don't rest, I luxuriate. I don't eat worms ,but I do eat snails.For everything I don't do, I do twice as much.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Nothing is too profound to think about. Most things are too shallow to say. If people did more than what they say, more things would be accomplished- peace

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Trees and Remembrance


I have to mention that my trees are looking rather beautiful. We have had a bit of a snowstorm here in the north and it makes for hunkering down. Well, that is my excuse anyway. I have been so busy in the last weeks that by the weekend or particularly this weekend I am lifeless and void of enthusiasm.
I went to some friends’ house on Friday after a regular workday. We had a lovely evening of food and fun. We always have lots of laughs. By the time I got home, it was 1 am. Well, I was wrecked.
This morning I had hopes of accomplishing something. I guess I did. I went through the millions of emails I have put off (at least some of the millions). I wrote the article due to a newsletter I submit to and I had a nap. I think that is relatively productive, especially the nap.
As I read and hear about the crazy schedule everyone has I wonder where my resignation went to when I came back from my South American trip to balance work, social life, and home. I have since been sucked back into the vortex of Calgary life in the rat race. I have to force myself to socialize as my jobs take all the energy that I have to finish what needs to be done. There simply must be a way for me to keep a better perspective. Winning the lottery may be a good start…but fat chance of that.
Luckily my friend on Friday night kicked me in the ass and told me there was no way I was jamming out of a night out… Thanks friend ...Sometimes a kick in the ass is what you need most.

We have Remembrance Day today. ‘Lest We Forget.’
Peace to everyone. Peace to the world.

4 Comments:

Blogger Turtle Guy said...

Lest we forget... enjoy what we have!

9:42 PM  
Blogger Fred said...

Peace to the world, indeed. Happy belated Remembrance Day.

6:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bootiful picture,,,awesome tree's

4:54 PM  
Blogger zouzou said...

HEY! is this your LATEST blog? (nice trees btw, also nice picture of poppies) -just dropping by to see what's up in yer life.

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home