forestforthetrees

I don't run, I walk. I don't eat, I dine. I don't rest, I luxuriate. I don't eat worms ,but I do eat snails.For everything I don't do, I do twice as much.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Nothing is too profound to think about. Most things are too shallow to say. If people did more than what they say, more things would be accomplished- peace

Sunday, March 12, 2006

tag de Jour

I have been tagged by Turtle Guy and he has been patient to hear my answers. I hope they are not to flippent. I just tell em like I sees em!

1: Black and White or Color; how do you prefer your movies?

Both. I love the classics and colour. It depends if it is good or Hollywood garbage. That is the more important question. NO remastered… it looks too fake to me.

2: What is the one single subject that bores you to near-death?

Ummm- money, anything to do with money. Taxes,finance, investingggggg zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz huh! what ! oh, sorry dozed off.


3: MP3s, CDs, Tapes or Records: what is your favorite medium for prerecorded music?

ALL!!! Give me all of it. Nothing like a good old fashioned vinyl. For inexpensive media give me MP3 and some CD. For ease of play, CD all the way. Tapes are great for listening in cars and mixing different music (Cds for this too). As long as it has music, it is all good!


4: You are handed one first class trip plane ticket to anywhere in the world and ten million dollars cash. All of this is yours provided that you leave and not tell anyone where you are going ever. This includes family, friends, everyone. Would you take the money and ticket and run?

I would be gone, gone, gone. I would also say this is an easy loophole to get around. I can’t tell them where I am going, but it doesn’t mean I can’t come back. So there. I would spend the money have a good time and come back. Maybe I will meet Billy Idol in first class. Mmmm that would be fun.

5: Seriously, what do you consider the world's most pressing issue now?

Pressing I think that is a funny word. Sounds like laundry. I don’t do pressing. Issues, I got lots of those I can talk about. There are just too many. Famine, hate, torture, strife, war, dead children, poverty… OK I am depressed now. Lets move on.


6: How would you rectify the world's most pressing issue?

No such thing. Not unless we are not humans anymore. Human nature! That is the problem…not enough good to balance out the power of the bad.

7: You are given the chance to go back and change one thing in your life; what would that be?

I don’t know about this one. I may come back and change this. I thought and thought about what I would change. I have to honestly say that everything has given me the perspective and thoughts of today. I wouldn’t be who I am if they wouldn’t have happened. However, if it was like those movies where people get into an accident and lose their memory for awhile and become a better person, I might consider that. Wait …the accident part isn’t so fun.


8: You are given the chance to go back and change one event in world history, what would that be?

No way!! I am not messing with history. It was as it was the first time, bad and some good. Plus everthing is connected. If I change one thing, that has to somehow domino into another event. No way!!! Uhuh!! We have enough problems with the history we are creating today (see question 5).

9: A night at the opera, or a night at the Grand Ole Opry: which do you choose?

I have to clarify, is there a female suprano singing ? Because I can’t sit through that!!! I like the opera otherwise. Can’t say I would choose the Opry off hand, but if there was someone good on stage, why not? Who is paying by the way? Can’t I have both? I would need to be taken out to dinner….hahahahahahhahahhahah ahhhh good one…no really who is paying?
Wait am I going alone? OK then uh that’s fine. I would go to the opera one night and then to the Opry when there was someone good… What restaurants are around there?


10: What is the one great unsolved crime of all time you'd like to solve?

You mean I could be Poirot, or Sherlock Holmes ( without the Laudanum addiction please). I don’t know if I want to do this. Most of the solved crimes are still mysteries to me because I can’t figure out how these people could be so devoide of feelings. That is the bigger mystery. Why do they do it in the first place? Nope nothing else is coming to me.


11: One famous author can come to dinner with you. Who would that be, and what would you serve for the meal?

JRR Tolkien would be top on the list. Although there are several others, like Thomas Hardy, Jane Austen, Dostoyofsky, Plato, Copernicus, Ellis Peters, Agatha Christie, the list goes on. I would serve fowl with wild rice and root vegetables and eat it in the Medevil way. We would rip it apart with our hands and eat with gusto. This is brain food. Then we would sit by the fire and have sherry and discuss amongst ourselves. Things, great things, great thoughts, great ideas, points of view.


12: You discover that John Lennon was right, that there is no hell below us, and above us there is only sky - what's the first immoral thing you might do to celebrate this fact?

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA That’s funny… I was trying to be serious about this one, but I just can’t. I don’t think I am an atheist, but I have never not done something because I thought I was going to heaven. I was damned a long time ago, so I have been told. So, I don’t think I can divulge the immoral act on this blog site. Well, actually there is more than one, but it is not the platform for venting such things…hehehehehe. No, it doesn’t have to do with a platform. Move on…

6 Comments:

Blogger Turtle Guy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:47 PM  
Blogger Turtle Guy said...

Thanks for sporting along! Some comments...

#2 Had you asked me this question five years ago, I would have agreed with you. One of my recent quests has been for financial literacy. My intention is not to break into the financial guru circles, but to have a clear understanding of money and how it works.

#3 I like your thinking!

#8 One of my all time favourite trillogies is Back to the Future. Cheezy, classically 80s, and worth the 5 1/2 hours running time!

#9 Made me laugh here...

#10 Worth a discussion some day, I'm sure!

9:49 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Tolkien seems like a good choice. A friend of mine was at Oxford when they had a reception for him -- just upstairs as I recall. Friend could have gone but didn't. Rumors are that JRR was losing touch by then anyway.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Sarah Elaine said...

And here I thought I knew you...! ;-)

2:06 PM  
Blogger Bast said...

Like it, like it, like it! A fellow loop-holer - wonderful stuff! Oh, and having thought about it, wouldn't a night with Oprah be better?

8:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweetie....Billie Idol?!?
You're really just jonesing for JM aren't you?

Do you really feel that way re: human nature? Somehow I had you pegged as more of an optimist when it comes to humanity's foibles.....I just like that word....foibles.....

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home