forestforthetrees

I don't run, I walk. I don't eat, I dine. I don't rest, I luxuriate. I don't eat worms ,but I do eat snails.For everything I don't do, I do twice as much.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Nothing is too profound to think about. Most things are too shallow to say. If people did more than what they say, more things would be accomplished- peace

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Home from a remarkable trip

I can't believe I am home, and I can't believe I left. It seems rather surreal. I loved it! I am glad to be home.

Reality is what you want it to be. I know that sounds a little strange, but we live on our own impressions, not necessarily, what is actually happening. When you are exposed to a different reality it changes your perception of ...well everything.

Sometimes it changes for the better and sometimes to the worse. Most times, it is a mix of both within the same situation. Life changing, either way.

I met wonderful people, wonderful places, and of course wonderful food. What more can you ask for? It is a very vibrant place where your senses explode. I have heard that from other travelers going to regions of India and other places. It is a fact. Sounds, sights, experiences, all inundate you daily and even at night. It never stops. I said to a friend before I was ready to leave for home that I have lived a lifetime in one single month.
That is what is feels like. If we could live that fully in the short time that we have on this earth...that would be worth it. That includes loving, helping, giving, seeing and feeling without hesitation. Without the fear of reproach... that would be something that most North Americans don't have any idea about.

I went there to share some knowledge, but in fact, I learned lessons that are far more precious. Ones I will never forget. I have left a part of me there in the hearts of all those that cared for me, helped me, and loved me.


That is what makes life worth living. That is what makes happiness.

2 Comments:

Blogger Turtle Guy said...

Wonderful people, places and food... how much better could it get??

Glad to hear you had a wonderful trip - a wee bit jealous here (want to travel... and soon!)

Speaking of travel and soon, thank for the referral! More work = travel sooner!

6:31 AM  
Blogger Sarah Elaine said...

The trip sounds fabulous, of course. How are you doing with the reverse culture shock now that you are home?

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home