forestforthetrees

I don't run, I walk. I don't eat, I dine. I don't rest, I luxuriate. I don't eat worms ,but I do eat snails.For everything I don't do, I do twice as much.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Nothing is too profound to think about. Most things are too shallow to say. If people did more than what they say, more things would be accomplished- peace

Saturday, September 02, 2006

wasteful ...just plain wasteful

It is a rant.. I couldn't even write yesterday! I was too pissed and tired to sit still and rant.

They always say one second can change your life. Well, in the full scope of things, this wasn't that dramatic, but it sure messed up my plans for the day.

Ok the "story". I had been in meetings all morning and had to meet up with a friend to work on a website. I needed to do other errands along the way. I should have had some foreshadowing of the afternoon when I forgot to print off some necessary documents at work. I didn't remember until I was half way to my next errand. I should have just packed it in then- head in the clouds.

On the way, I thought, "Oh, I am driving by the University. I should pick up those videos." I debated with myself for a few minutes. Do I feel like it? Don't I feel like it? Well, I decided to stop because they were partly for the friend I was going to see.

So, I veered off and tried to find parking ( I hate this town for that). I pulled into a service vehicle meter parking as close to the commedia center as possible (no parking zone). I figured I would be safe for a few minutes. I got out, notice my back windows were still open, and I needed change from the car. I get back into the car and close the windows, grab the change, and YES lock the doors...thinking that "hey why is the radio playing?" SLAM ....oh shit!!!!

Not too worried I thought, “I have AMA. I will just run in grab the stuff and call from there.” Why not from my cell you ask ??? Well, my cell isn't working...it won't hold a charge.
I get the stuff and call AMA roadside assistance. Ok, they say an hour and a half, but hopefully it won't be that long....hahahaaha
I have to say one good thing (silver lining- still somewhat positive) I was able to visit with some people I knew there. I also made friends with a few more parking people. How long did it take??

I know is in all of your thoughts....
I arrived at 2:30 pm

No not 1.5 hours...

No not 2 hours...

No not even 3 hours...

He arrived at 6:45 PM yes you heard it right...6:45 PM. I could have - I don't know DONE something.
Now granted, it isn't the fault of the guy in the truck, but I hate being told that is another half hour oh ...no sorry another half hour... ahhhhhhhhhhh
I got home at 7:30 and had nothing to show for what should have been a productive afternoon. Well, except for a sunburn on my nose.

It wouldn't have be so bad if I wouldn't have had two extremely important documents to deliver that day. I needed to start the bureaucratic process before the long weekend.
It is teaching me patience! I know it! Well, and maybe to get an extra key stashed on the car, so I don't have to go through this again.

Or maybe even-don't be so bubble headed to lock the keys in the car. MMM I wonder what I was thinking of...

Thanks for listening to the rant, I feel much better now!!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow.
you just got through something on here, that would have me dropping f bombs, and screaming in all caps. you already have patience, it is very obvious

11:23 AM  
Blogger Sarah Elaine said...

You were incredibly patient... I couldn't believe that I ran into you in the middle of all that on my way to the gym... and 2 hours later I came out of the gym only to find you still there.

Horrific, I say. Horrific!

I think a phone call to AMA might be in order, personally.

As my dear old Mum used to say, "Patience is a virtue... It's just not one of mine!"

11:22 PM  
Blogger Turtle Guy said...

I was thinking "waste of time" about the events of yesterday, which I'll spare you. But I woke up this morning thinking "You know, maybe yesterday was just SUPPOSED to be a wasted day. For what reason? Perhaps to teach me the value of time. Perhaps not. Who knows."

It was what it was.

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home